server not starting

ahmad

hi, my server is set on autoDJ, i started it and it played well, then i restarted it, after that it never came online.
i had uploaded some mp3s above the 128kbps limit, so i removed every media and encoded everything to 128 then uploaded it again, problem is still there.
username is: intermix

please assist.

thnx in advance.

kind regards, Ahmad

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Ahmad,

You had seemed to disable all but the 'Heavy Rotation' playlist, so we disabled this for you, re-enabled the 'Standard Rotation' playlist and then moved your mp3 files into there. We then restarted the server again and it all seems ok now. :)

ahmad

thnx!

Hi Ahmad,

You had seemed to disable all but the 'Heavy Rotation' playlist, so we disabled this for you, re-enabled the 'Standard Rotation' playlist and then moved your mp3 files into there. We then restarted the server again and it all seems ok now. :)

Ok, thats fine, thanks very much. :)
But this happened before I disabled the rest of the playlists.

another questions regarding my station :)
any function for crossfading in auto dj?
the request form displays an error after submitting a request: Sorry, your song request could not be submitted at this time.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Strange? It could be that you tried to restart the server too many times in error and it caused the problem. It all seems ok now anyway.

One thing we have noticed is that you have files of all varying different bitrates. It is important that all the files for your AutoDJ are at the same bitrate as configured for your server (128kbps). Not only can this cause playback issues with certain players (such as flash), but it is also eating up your storage capacity as you have a lot of files at 320kbps and 256kbps.

In regards to the crossfading on the AutoDJ. We decided to disable this feature as it can be quite taxing on the servers if all of our users were making use of it. Also, depending on the style of music played and if it has a drum beat on the intro or outro of a track, it can sometimes sound a bit rubbish in our opinion when the overlaying tracks clash. We just need to remove the feature from the control panel settings to prevent any future confusion.

With the request form, are you using the widget code as supplied in your control panel under the 'Configuration' / 'Widgets' section? We can see that you have this enabled in your settings, so as long as your email address is valid and you use the widget code snippets for your website, this should work with no problems.

ahmad

Strange? It could be that you tried to restart the server too many times in error and it caused the problem. It all seems ok now anyway.

One thing we have noticed is that you have files of all varying different bitrates. It is important that all the files for your AutoDJ are at the same bitrate as configured for your server (128kbps). Not only can this cause playback issues with certain players (such as flash), but it is also eating up your storage capacity as you have a lot of files at 320kbps and 256kbps.

In regards to the crossfading on the AutoDJ. We decided to disable this feature as it can be quite taxing on the servers if all of our users were making use of it. Also, depending on the style of music played and if it has a drum beat on the intro or outro of a track, it can sometimes sound a bit rubbish in our opinion when the overlaying tracks clash. We just need to remove the feature from the control panel settings to prevent any future confusion.

With the request form, are you using the widget code as supplied in your control panel under the 'Configuration' / 'Widgets' section? We can see that you have this enabled in your settings, so as long as your email address is valid and you use the widget code snippets for your website, this should work with no problems.

Hi,

yes i used the code below in an classic asp file (.asp):

Code:
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]<html>[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]	<head>[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]		<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]	</head>[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]<body>[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]	<div id="cc_req_result_intermix"></div>[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]	<form>[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]	Song artist: <input type="text" id="cc_req_artist_intermix" name="request[artist]" size="40" maxlength="127" /><br />[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]	Song title: <input type="text" id="cc_req_title_intermix" name="request[title]" size="40" maxlength="127" /><br />[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]	Dedicated to: <input type="text" id="cc_req_dedi_intermix" name="request[dedication]" size="40" maxlength="127" /><br />[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]	Your name: <input type="text" id="cc_req_sender_intermix" name="request[sender]" size="40" maxlength="127" /><br />[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]	Your E-mail: <input type="text" id="cc_req_email_intermix" name="request[email]" size="40" maxlength="127" /><br />[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]	<input type="button" id="cc_req_button_intermix" class="cc_request_form" value="Submit song request" /><br />[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]	</form>[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]	<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="https://control.internet-radio.com:2199/system/request.js"></script>[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]</body>[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][SIZE=2]</html>[/SIZE][/FONT]

we will look at the bit rate thingie. thnx for the fast and powerful answers, we will recommend your service to others, until now we are really satisfied.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Your code is absolutely fine. It turns out it was a problem our end, you are on one of our new servers and it seems we had forgot to setup the email server settings on it for song requests. Sorry about that. Try it again now.

Also, many thanks for the kind words and your recommendations, its very much appreciated. :)

ahmad

Hi, the tune in winamp link gives access denied! also the online radio page doesnt play any sound. could you take a look at that?
i know that my disk is almost full, but this happened several days ago and i had plenty of diskspace left.

thnx in advance.
Kind Regards,
Ahmad

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
That's odd? We just tested your startpage and its working as it should? We can hear the audio just fine. Lanlords Radio - Internet Radio

We also tested the Winamp link and that is working fine as well. It seems a bit strange that its not working for you?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We just tested the Realplayer link ourselves in VLC, again no issues here for us.

It does sound like it is something your end to us.

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
ahmad; is your station the one for Dutch gamers? Late last night I tuned in and saw metadata but heard nothing. (but wasnt 100% sure if I was even clicking the correct URL). The metadata didn't seem to match up with what was on your front page either. this is on the same equipment I use for monitoring other streams (I've just retested it to be 100% sure)

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmm - now tried your stream on port 8024 and it does work...

Sometimes what can happen is a remote stream goes blank but the autodj metadata updates across it (we used to get that on PVR with liveshows; possibly another shoutcast quirk..)

ahmad

indeed,

I tested it elsewhere, and it just working fine.
I think our firewall here blocked the stream for some reason! since i cant manage the firewall, i will never discover why it happened,

but as long as listeners can listen from outside this betwork. I'm ok :)

thnx again!

kr,
Ahmad