shoutcast.internet-radio.org.uk server updates.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We were notified this morning that the server shoutcast.internet-radio.org.uk went down. We alerted the data centre support to investigate the issue and they confirmed a problem their end.

They have just clarified that the problem is critical as the hard drive has failed and requires replacing. This will require us to restore the server from backup.

We have decided to upgrade the server to a faster machine instead as it will take the same amount of time. The added benefit to this bad situation is that the server will be much faster than the old one with improved control panel speeds etc...

We estimate this to be completed today and we sincerely apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Unfortunately these things do happen and we hope that by upgrading the server to a new faster machine it counts for something positive in this unfortunate situation.

We do have other servers available so if you would like to have a new account setup immediately on one of these then please contact us here : Contact Internet Radio and we will organise this for you straight away.

Otherwise keep an eye on this thread for updates while we work on the new server. Apologies one again.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
The new server is being built now. Here is the spec : Core 2 Duo 2.93GHz 2GB DDR2.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Old server is back online. We will still be performing an upgrade in the future. We will keep you posted.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We were a little quick off the mark. It has gone down again. The techs are still working on it.

Old server is back online. We will still be performing an upgrade in the future. We will keep you posted.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We are half way through the installation on the new server. Shouldn't be too long now.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
DNS is propagating and servers are beginning to come up again. Should start working very soon.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
All servers are now back online.

Please not that the IP has changed for the new server. Any references to 95.211.0.141 should be replaced with the new IP 83.170.104.183.

An even better idea is to simply reference the server by its hostname : shoutcast.internet-radio.org.uk That way there is no issues if the IP changes in the future.

AHRadio

Trouble Starting The Server

Since the upgrade, our server seems to stop periodically and when I try ti start it again I get the following error messages:

Stream could not be started: Server exited immediately after startup.

Log does not exist; this often (although not always) indicates a permissions/ownership error. Consult the Centova Cast knowledge base.

Eventually It will start again. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Edit: Looking into it further it appears that the server is actually running, but the web interface is incorrectly saying it is offline.

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
After fixing the FTP issues we had to reset some permissions. We have restarted the servers to allow for this and they appear to function normally again. If you can confirm its working your end ?

JudgeJoey

Hello :)

Hi there,

Have you Not tired turning off the Server for 30 seconds to one minute. What is happening is there is a lag on the network, as in there is some sort of a delay. Best bet for you is, if that happens again, It is best bet that you should turn the server off just for 30 seconds to one minute. I hope this is a help to you mate: Good Luck!

Since the upgrade, our server seems to stop periodically and when I try ti start it again I get the following error messages:

Stream could not be started: Server exited immediately after startup.

Log does not exist; this often (although not always) indicates a permissions/ownership error. Consult the Centova Cast knowledge base.

Eventually It will start again. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Edit: Looking into it further it appears that the server is actually running, but the web interface is incorrectly saying it is offline.

AHRadio

Thanks

Thanks for the advice Judge Joey.

The problem has been fixed now, but I'll bare it in mind if it happens again in the future.

Thanks again.
AHRadio.