Simplecast Soundcard setup

Soulboy1970

Hi Guys, I'm due to start doing a radio show this coming Sunday using SimpleCast software. Which is installed. could anyone give me step by step instructions on how to set up my soundcard to receive the single please. I am going to play music through VirtualDJ via a midi controller (Pioneer Ergo). The controller has a phono master out which I've connected my leads to and put the jack plug into the BLUE socket on the back of my Soundcard (Realtek High Definition Audio). At the moment there isn't anything showing on the levels in The Simplecast Encoder so I'm assuming the signal is not getting through - Am I missing something obvious here?Many thanks for any advice you can offer Paul. (also how do you do a line return on here??)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Soulboy1970,

As you have not mentioned, are we correct in thinking that you have two separate laptops / PC's in this set up? One using the Ergo as the audio interface for Virtual DJ and the other with the Realtek soundcard / Simplecast encoder for streaming the audio to your server?

Depending on which version of Virtual DJ you have, you can actually stream internally from the program directly to your server, so you shouldn't really require the Realtek soundcard or the Simplecast encoder, unless of course you are trying to stream to an Icecast server which Virtual DJ does not support?

http://forum.internet-radio.com/guides/1702-virtual-dj-shoutcast-guide.html

Soulboy1970

Hi Many thanks for your reply - I didn't know you could stream directly from VDJ, I will certainly look into that - (I have the latest pro version 7.4.) The set up I have is a HP desktop (Z220 CMT) with the on board Realtek Soundcard. On the back of the Ergo there are L&R Phono master out sockets, so I simply connected my phono / jack lead into here and the jack plug into the Blue line in socket on the soundcard. but when I look at the simplecast encoder levels nothing is showing - So i'm thinking it must be something to do with the soundcard settings? Any suggestions will be gratefully received. I would like to resolve this issue as it is now as I may not always use VDJ to play out the music. Many thanks Paul

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
No problem at all. :)

Your issue here is that you are trying to use both audio interfaces simultaneously on the same computer. You should not need to even use the Realtek soundcard. The Ergo (as far as we are aware) has its own built in audio interface which will do the job. We personally would use that over the Realtek for its better audio quality / latency and the headphone monitoring. Just use the Ergo's RCA outputs for your amp / speakers.

Just make sure that you have selected the correct audio interface that you wish to use in Virtual DJ's settings and that this is the same soundcard as detected by the Simplecast encoder. 8)

Soulboy1970

Hi thanks for your reply again! Just to let you know I got this all working now. it turned out that I needed to do a software update on the Ergo due to an issue with the soundcard settings in VDJ - all working fine now well apart from my mic but that's another issue !! Thanks again for your help. Paul

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
No problem, happy to help. 8)

We are pleased that you have now resolved your issue anyway. Driver issues can be a pain sometimes. :S

Alison

Hi, I was looking at help with sending track data but seem to have sorted it now... thank you very much for your reply.