User Agent **EMPTY**

carnavaleando

Has anyone seen User Agent **EMPTY** before? I see under "Shoutcast Stream Status & Listeners" a ton of listener with many different ips and they are all connected seconds apart, when I kick them all out they come back on the same way, seconds apart and we are talking about hundreds of connections.

Is there a way to block this user agent? I did tried to block **EMPTY** by adding it to the Blocked User Agent List but it does not work.

Thank you!

Carnavaleando.Co

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Carnavaleando,

Please let us know when your stream is next online so that we can take a look ourselves.

Cheers.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes I can see these connections. There is nothing to make me suspicous of those IPs, I think it may just be a reporting error of the user agent? They all have different IPs, so I wonder if a particular agent is just showing as that for some reason?

Have you fully restarted your server since updating your ban list?

carnavaleando

Yes, I have restarted multiple times. As much as I would want to have these many listeners there is something not right. Yesterday, it toped 310 listeners at the same time, I have only seen since I started around 30 at one time. Also, when I see the Connected Duration there are groups that started at the same time going down to the seconds.

Is there anything else I can do? I really don't believe these are real listeners.

carnavaleando

I removed the stream from the page and still the same thing. I don't think it is related to the web site. The stream is still down if you would like to take a look. Is there a way to just block that user agent?
btw. Thank you very much for your assistance.

More Support

Level 2 Support
Staff member
Odd. Do you have any other websites where the player might be embedded?

One thing we can do for you is recreate your account with a different port to see if that helps.

carnavaleando

No, I do not have any other websites.

Changing the account with a different port was one of the things I was thinking about. Lets go ahead and do the change.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Carnavaleando,

Just to let you know that we've changed your port number for you now.