Why do stations request for presenter applications and then never reply?

IanD

New member to the forum here and just a general comment/observation. There have been several posts by stations 'looking for talent' and inviting applications. I've submitted several applications over the last couple of weeks and with only one exception I've had no response. Not even a thanks for applying. Nothing! It's not down to my demo being rubbish cause there's been no request to send a demo. It's so rude! Don't invite people to apply if you're not going to reply. Thankfully, the one station who did reply asked for my demo and then gave me a live slot... so I'm happy about that. :)

Last edited:

Pretmaker

No idea where you have applied, but did you try contacting them to check if they have received your application?

Not all stations are "active" as they come and go.

On the other hand, we also have a rule with our station, no demo or just totally not good enough with filling in the details of the application form (as no effort put into the application) then we most likely will not take the effort to respond. We've had a few that applied with one line: I just wanna play music.(as answer on why they applied at Simulator Vibes).

And that question is the only question where we have put a big box that can be filled with text out of like a total of 6 boxes.

IanD

In each case my application was done as per the rules of the individual stations. Some wanted a lot of detail and others didn't. I applied accordingly. I haven't contacted any of them to ask if they'd received my application. If a station is actively looking for presenters and inviting applications they should be looking at their in boxes. The one station who did respond replied promptly and professionally, offering me the slot they were looking to fill after hearing my demo. I'm very happy to be joining them.

Sonic

At Sonic no applications, no boxes to tick, no hoops to jump through!
Send an email, I send back an encoder you go on air for thirty mins.
If your ok you stay if not I will recommend a station more suited to your style or we part company.
Its a spare time hobby not an application to be the CEO of a company.
Simple!

Last edited:

IanD

Thank you. I'm not looking for a slot now as I'm sorted, but I like the simplicity of your process.

My original post was a general observation rather than still looking for a slot somewhere. I am sure lots of stations go about their recruitment properly. I applied to some who don't.

Sonic

All good Ian keep me in mind if things don't work out.
Cheers
Fortunately I have many DJ's that have been with me for many years.
I see new stations popping up with 2 to 4 DJ's making people jump through hoops like they are multi media company's, when in reality they need any one they can get to join them!

Last edited:

Stevy6

often a response will be by "conversation" so its goes off to private and not in the forum, so it may look rude , buts its just discreet, ( unless you look at splash damage radio they post on every presenter they like the look of. ) but great you got a gig.

iconicextra

Also try us iconicextra.com we put u in our discord room after replying to your email to becomeadj@iconicextra.com then give you 20 mins trial on our trial server where us management listen if good you get live encoder details and some jingles ,get scheduled and become part of the team all we ask is your polite to others .play no swear words .have a good microphone speak clear english and gave stable internet connection and can give 2hrs a week simple. I like sonic see it as a hobby it's not interrogation for SAS. All we need to do is get any application sorted and on air and set u up with all the tools of our station to advertise your show take requests and go live and enjoy it .if ever looking again please give us a try by applying to becomeadj@iconicextra.com