You won't belive this!

Mayedd

Just thought I would stir up this post from the depths of the cauldron. Still going strong since 2011 :)
Always happy to hear from potential presenters

Mayedd

Just thought I would stir up this post from the depths of the cauldron. Still going strong since 2011 :)
Always happy to hear from potential presenters
As of yesterday we are now a secure stream (what a nightmare). We now physically own and run our own streaming server (gulp! No one else to blame if it goes wrong).

Sonic

All my stations run a secure stream its no biggy now days. If your not secure with the new browser updates, you will simply be unreachable.

Mayedd

All my stations run a secure stream its no biggy now days. If your not secure with the new browser updates, you will simply be unreachable.
Absolutely, it started with Chrome breaking the ability of playing non secure streams. We found a way round it but had to junk our player to do so at the time.

Sonic

You can put your insecure stream through players like Rcast etc. If you have a secure stream to start with your on top of it.
Nice work.
I see web pages for radio stations out there that are not secure to start with. They don't have a chance Lol.
Run your station on the cheap, you get cheap results.

Mayedd

You can put your insecure stream through players like Rcast etc. If you have a secure stream to start with your on top of it.
Nice work.
I see web pages for radio stations out there that are not secure to start with. They don't have a chance Lol.
Run your station on the cheap, you get cheap results.
You are right there. I shudder when I see sites using standard templates or with text that overlaps etc.

Sonic

A site needs basic information, people get board scrolling through lots of information.
People want an outlet in these bad times, to listen and talk to a DJ in chat or they move on.
Chat has died but interaction with a Dj online has not and works well.
Us Dj's take them away to a place that is peaceful and entertain them for that small couple of hours.
The whole huge website ect. does no good if they don't fined how to get that release from reality.
Your Listeners are everything.....

Mayedd

A site needs basic information, people get board scrolling through lots of information.
People want an outlet in these bad times, to listen and talk to a DJ in chat or they move on.
Chat has died but interaction with a Dj online has not and works well.
Us Dj's take them away to a place that is peaceful and entertain them for that small couple of hours.
The whole huge website ect. does no good if they don't fined how to get that release from reality.
Your Listeners are everything.....
Very true. All about the listener but a bad or cheap website puts them off I find