Get Me Radio.

Sonic

Just a heads up station owners, if you haven't already got the email Get Me Radio are asking for paid subscriptions.
ATM they not taking any more stations on. Their listeners have dropped dramatically if your with them over this change.
Your listener stats as you will see are dismal. I paid for the subscription and listeners stats are still down the toilet to what they use to be.
Please comment, is their subscription still worth it after these changes. Or will they pick up their game to list you on all the platforms they use to?
I know it costs a lot to run servers, I run and code all my own.
If they are charging $5 a month to like 200.000 stations and not providing the service they use to, Is it worth it?
Is this "Get Me Radio! - Metadata Server" A Bogus connection to think you have more listeners than you have?
You Decide and vote with your feet.

Last edited:
We are pleased to extend an exclusive invitation to submit your radio station to our prestigious New Radio Directory, Created by Online Audience. This is a complimentary offer for you to showcase your station to a broader audience. Simply sign up and effortlessly add your channel to our platform at Stationselect.comStationselect.com. It's a swift and seamless process designed to maximize your station's visibility and reach. Don't miss out on this exceptional opportunity to be part of a thriving radio community!

getmeradio

Hello,

@Sonic It is true that Get Me Radio! has started to charge a small monthly subscription, this is to cover our operating costs and future development to get radio stations on a wide range of platforms such as the ones listed in the email. It is not true that our listener figures have dropped, in fact last month (May 2024) we saw one of the highest usage months. The metadata server you see connecting is to get your songs so we can display them on our apps, it is not to show more listeners.
@Stevy6 would you mind showing/sharing the email you received? If you've received an inappropriate response, we'd like to hear about it.

Thank you.

SDR Talent Scout

It was a response on Twitter/x in Feb, reference charging for a free listing, about covering your costs, but that was not the deal or implied deal when we signed up. Anyone who signs up to a FREE listing directory, does not expect to have charges introduced, surely early supporters should not have a charges added to their account, only new signups as they know the deal when joining.

this is the station account for SDR which stevy6 is the station manager.

Sonic

I agree with Stevy. Please tell us what a subscription gives us over a non subscription member of your site.
Thanks for clearing up what I thought was true. Get Me Radio! on your server stats is not a listener.

SDR Talent Scout

All stations listing are charged. Listeners are not.
Benefit of paying is you get listed. Dont pay then dont get listed.
Same as all directories now, but still stand by. If you offer free to launch, then that should stay. Without the early uptake and free advertising across our stations what would the uptake of been?

getmeradio

@Sonic A paid subscription will give additional benefits such as better placement in listings, access to advanced statistics for your station and placement on our range of apps across multiple platforms.

@Stevy6 Is this the message you were referring to?
Screenshot_20240603_132114_Twitter.png

SDR Talent Scout

And your free share. Back in 22 early take up. your model has changed as have loads of services ,but any free services we signed up with stay should stay free and add a non free tier? also no reply to the second post. But hey that’s Social. If your customer who’s leaving why bother! Although its only taken you since February to respond on here.

Attachments

• IMG_5284.png
    IMG_5284.png
    909.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5285.png
    IMG_5285.png
    416.5 KB · Views: 19

megarock

I just looked at it from the view of was I getting enough traffic to even justify paying $5 a month. That answer was no. The very minimal traffic was trounced by the many free listings from others. Didn't hesitate to just delete our listing and move on.

megarock

I have renewed my subscription, so lets see what your company does for me over the next month.
Benefit of the doubt, I will report results back here...
"A paid subscription will give additional benefits such as better placement in listings, access to advanced statistics for your station and placement on our range of apps across multiple platforms."

This is when I couldn't buy what I was reading. If paying gets better placement in listings.. but EVERYONE will have to pay.. then that's negated. Statistics are a good thing but what they had seemed good because that's where I verified traffic being sent to me (not much) and you are already on the apps and platforms so paying doesn't add that.

And out of all the listing platforms I am on this would be the ONLY one charging the people who provide the content for their site to even exist. If broadcasters balk and leave instead of paying then it's just an empty website. Every other platform offers the same thing for free and many are working to develop a way for broadcasters to share on ad revenue which means YOU GET PAID for providing content... in this situation someone wants to charge me for providing their website content. That simply does not make sense.