WiFi speaker to use for radio broadcasting

Klaus Fischer

I was asking myself whether to use wifi speakers for internet radio broadcasting? And luckily I found some great hints here. But one question remained open.

Is anybody aware of a speaker system that let's you arrange radio stations per app, and enjoy e.g. napster or Spotify?

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are loads of Internet radios being sold at Conrad Electronics (I am also assuming by your name you may be German ;) ) - at least on the EU/NL site (not sure if they are available in UK). The German site was Kaputt this morning.They all seem to be about €100 more than I would pay for such a device; especially as the loudspeakers on them look a bit on the small size; and disappointingly not all of them run with accus making them no different from simply connecting a small computer to a standard analogue hi fi system.

Not sure how well these work with Napster/Spotify (or if they even do) although most of them will accept playlists of MP3s and stream from local devices on your network.

What exactly do you want to listen to (music, speech) and where are you listening to it? if it doesn't need to "look pretty", Something like a Raspberry PI with a €10 USB soundcard ,an old desktop that otherwise would go to the WEEE-container, or a laptop where the accu no longer charges) connected to your existing hifi can provide very good sound quality (at least in excess of that I heard struggling to listen to Band II FM pirates in 1980s/1990s)

Last edited: