Android phone app

Ken C

Hi I'm on your ear "Again" How do I make my radio Station open to people using Android Phones ??????

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Ken,

We have previously created a completely mobile version of the site. It has been tested on iPhone and Android. It should also work on iPad, iPod, Blackberry and Symbian OS mobile phones. The site should play radio on all devices without the need for installing any extra software. http://forum.internet-radio.com/news/1788-beta-release-mobile-internet-radio.html

We are considering releasing an app we have worked on at some point as well. But for now we suggest checking out the mobile version of the site, its basically the same thing, its just not contained in any fancy "app packaging". ;)

Ken C

Re Android phone app

Thanks for your response but I'm still at a loss Is this something I can put on my web page like any of my other media buttons??

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
You could provide QR Codes on your website so that users can tune in that way. You could generate two QR Codes, one would be for "iPhone / Blackberry" phones and also then another for "Android / Symbian" phones from your stations playlist URL.

Whats your account name Ken?

global-sounds

Hi
I create apps for websites

so when you go on your website via your phone it will show your listen live link and few other buttons of your choice and logo

price is £7 GBP

hope this helps

AaronG97

You could get a native Android app developed, I'm not sure how much it would cost - but you could always sell it on the Google Android Store for a small fee to try and earn your money back. I've never had an Android based phone so not so sure if it's possible to create a web-app and create a link on the homepage of the phone, I'm sure somebody else on the forum will be able to help with that!