Auto DJ Question

Kevin Allum

I have added songs to my playlist and at the end of each listed song it says, for example, 256kbps. The song is streaming at 128 kbps which is my setting. I am a bit confused by this as I want to maximise my auto DJ space but feel I may be wasting it. Am I?
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Kevin Allum

Support could you please check if I have uploaded my first set of songs at the correct bitrate please. I am not 100% sure. Thanks

The 256 refers to the original bitrate they were encoded - The playback will be at the server rate which is 128

Not a huge problem but you will use more space up on the auto dj

Encode them again at 128 and upload them again should see a reasonale gain in space allowing more songs / tracks to be uploaded.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
The 256 refers to the original bitrate they were encoded - The playback will be at the server rate which is 128

Not a huge problem but you will use more space up on the auto dj

If all of the AutoDJ files are not encoded at the same bitrate that is configured for a stream this will not work correctly and cause several problems. Most players do not support mixed bitrate / samplerate streams, particually flash based players. Its very important that they are ALL at the same bitrate/ samplerate and number of channels as per a servers configuration. :)