autodj script

xeronius

I am new to this internet radio and i have set everything up with centova Cast, but i dont want to give my djs the login for that so i decided to use the auto dj php script to let them log in. but i am not to sure how to proceed to do this. please help

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
With the Centovacast control panel, you have an administrator password and a source password. The administrator password is for logging into the control panel and admin areas of your server. The source password is for your DJ's to use purely to broadcast to the server (along with the hostname / port). You can change the source / administrator passwords from the 'Configure Server > Stream' area of your control panel. Make your source password different from your administrator password and give the source password to your DJ's. You can then change your source password to block out your DJ's if need be at a later date. :)

xeronius

With the Centovacast control panel, you have an administrator password and a source password. The administrator password is for logging into the control panel and admin areas of your server. The source password is for your DJ's to use purely to broadcast to the server (along with the hostname / port). You can change the source / administrator passwords from the 'Configure Server > Stream' area of your control panel. Make your source password different from your administrator password and give the source password to your DJ's. You can then change your source password to block out your DJ's if need be at a later date. :)

How do i get them to log in once i have the password setup?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Do you mean to log into the control panel? They wont be able too! That's the purpose of a different source password so that they can only connect to the server for streaming purposes, but not have access to the control panel or have your own login information.

They will just use the source password along with the other server details to connect their stream encoder to the server.

lockylive

Will this not cause a disconnection of all users, say if you have 2 DJ's playing back to back?
Sorry if this seems a silly question, I'm not familiar with centrova cast and wondered if it dealt with this?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Will this not cause a disconnection of all users, say if you have 2 DJ's playing back to back?

What do you mean by this? As in 2 DJ's playing "back to back" on the same equipment in the traditional use of the term, or do you mean 2 DJ's in different locations playing at the same time? If they are in different locations, with Shoutcast servers one of the DJ's would have to disconnect their stream source in order for the other DJ to connect theirs. Although, with Icecast servers you could have different DJ's on separate mountpoints at the same time. But if they were "B2B" on the same equipment it is irrelevant.