BAIT Radio looking to expand

DEcl

BAIT Radio is an online radio station with a big focus on music and live entertainment programmes. We have a community and use IRC chat for interaction with our listeners.

BAIT Radio was previously known as ClanBase Radio and has been broadcasting 24/7 since October 2008. Over the years, we've had over 65 presenters and DJs and we're constantly looking to recruit more people.

If you're passionate for music and have an ability to entertain the audience, then give it it a shot! See more information on this page >> http://www.baitradio.com/news/154-we-are-looking-for-interactive-show-hosts

Last edited:

Mike B

BAIT Radio is an online radio station with a big focus on music and live entertainment programmes. We have a community and use IRC chat for interaction with our listeners.

BAIT Radio was previously known as ClanBase Radio and has been broadcasting 24/7 since October 2008. Over the years, we've had over 65 presenters and DJs and we're constantly looking to recruit more people.

If you're passionate for music and have an ability to entertain the audience, then give it it a shot! See more information on this page >> http://www.baitradio.com/news/154-we-are-looking-for-interactive-show-hosts

Hello,

I recently found a post in the (volunteering) section of the Internet Radio forum, and have some questions regarding Bait Radio:

1. Just out of curiosity, where is your station based? Are you located in the United States?

2. On your web site, I noticed that you have a chatroom. Is this chatroom accessible for those with visual disabilities? The reason I’m asking is because I do have a visual disability, that can sometimes get in the way when I do things online. I use a special software known as a screen reader. In a nutshell, it basically gives the computer a voice thus, allowing me to have access to email, and other programs I may have to deal with when using the computer. The program works great, however, there are times when I may run into a piece of software, that doesn’t work very well with it. It especially doesn’t work well with programs that are very visual in nature.

3. Have you ever recruited a DJ who is blind??

4. As far as equipment goes, the only hardware I have is my computer and a usb microphone. I don’t use a mixer nor any other professional equipment.

5. The station where I currently broadcast uses dropbox as a place holder for their elements folder. All djs at the station have access to this folder, which contains promos, public service announcements, jingles Etc. Does Bait Radio have this type of setup?

6. My current time slot is on Wednesday nights from 7 to 9 pm Eastern time. If I were to join the station, would it be possible to get a slot within this time frame? As I’d like to broadcast on both ACB Radio and Bait Radio at the same time as a Simulcast.

7. Just to give you an idea as to the type of setup I’ve got, I currently use Winamp, along with the Sam Encoders and a dsp line plug-in. Eventually I’m hoping to upgrade to Station Playlist Studio. But at the moment, I’m using Winamp due to budget concerns. Is it technically possible to broadcast on Bait Radio with the setup I have?

8. Assuming that I get excepted, does the station have a support team to assist DJS if they should run into any technical issues Such as having trouble getting on and off the air? And/or offering training, to help people who are new to get things setup to broadcast?

9. If excepted, will I receive documentation regarding regulations, policies, Etc.?

10. What is the listenership like? Does Bait Radio have a good following with lots of listeners?

At the moment, I’m merely gathering information to get a general idea as to what your station is like prior to applying. I’ve had 27 years of experience in broadcasting, plus one year of broadcasting on the Internet. So overall, I’ve been in radio since 1993 to the present, with all experience being volunteer. Hope to hear from you soon.

Mike
    You can contact me via email at mbern6516@aol.com. My name is Mike.

DEcl

Hi Mike,

1. Just out of curiosity, where is your station based? Are you located in the United States?
BAIT Radio is based in Europe, having broadcasters in several different countries. We have listeners all around the world.

2. On your web site, I noticed that you have a chatroom. Is this chatroom accessible for those with visual disabilities? The reason I’m asking is because I do have a visual disability, that can sometimes get in the way when I do things online. I use a special software known as a screen reader. In a nutshell, it basically gives the computer a voice thus, allowing me to have access to email, and other programs I may have to deal with when using the computer. The program works great, however, there are times when I may run into a piece of software, that doesn’t work very well with it. It especially doesn’t work well with programs that are very visual in nature.
We do not have experience with users that have visual disabilities. However, our chat is text-based and a simple text interpreter should be able to read/understand the action in our chatroom.

3. Have you ever recruited a DJ who is blind??
I'm afraid not.

5. The station where I currently broadcast uses dropbox as a place holder for their elements folder. All djs at the station have access to this folder, which contains promos, public service announcements, jingles Etc. Does Bait Radio have this type of setup?
We have our own webspace and internal crew forums where we share all documents and files for our crew to use.

6. My current time slot is on Wednesday nights from 7 to 9 pm Eastern time. If I were to join the station, would it be possible to get a slot within this time frame? As I’d like to broadcast on both ACB Radio and Bait Radio at the same time as a Simulcast.
This time slot should be OK with us because currently all broadcasts are happening in the daytime or evenings by Central European Time. However, we currently do not favor Simulcast and would prefer our presenters to be hosting the live show exclusively on BAIT. Broadcasters are permitted to broadcast at multiple stations, however not at the same time.

7. Just to give you an idea as to the type of setup I’ve got, I currently use Winamp, along with the Sam Encoders and a dsp line plug-in. Eventually I’m hoping to upgrade to Station Playlist Studio. But at the moment, I’m using Winamp due to budget concerns. Is it technically possible to broadcast on Bait Radio with the setup I have?
If you are able to connect to a SHOUTcast server using your setup, then it should be good. Getting on-air also requires you to be in IRC to stop our automatic music system (AutoDJ) before starting to broadcast.

8. Assuming that I get excepted, does the station have a support team to assist DJS if they should run into any technical issues Such as having trouble getting on and off the air? And/or offering training, to help people who are new to get things setup to broadcast?
Other team members will always be glad to help if there are issues with broadcasting. Management will help with initial setup and give a few guidelines here and there depending on the needs.

9. If excepted, will I receive documentation regarding regulations, policies, Etc.?
As mentioned above, our internal knowledge base is in our crew forums where all important rules and regulations are brought out in specific sections.

10. What is the listenership like? Does Bait Radio have a good following with lots of listeners?
We're a relatively small station in terms of listener count. However, we have a community of loyal listeners that have been with us for years.

Hope this answers your questions. Please send your application if you wish to proceed.

Thank you,
Decl
BAIT Radio