Do you want to DJ ?

Stevy6

Hi mix DJ , are you fully licensed? What platform you using Or are you just using mixlr. Checked out your website, schedule won't work I don't have permission and your forum is blank..???

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
it looks like this is a very new station (which uses more than one platform) - those bits of the website simply have not been added yet (as I could listen to the mixes). If I were setting up the site I would have put a warning that there wasn't any content there or removed those menu options but a lot of radio station websites are set up by people who may have a lot of experience in running radio stations or sound systems but maybe not as much about websites; or a lack of time to deal with all these things.

It wasnt' that long ago the only other issues was keeping the DTI men away from your mast and not turning up the Band I link so strong that the third harmonic garbled the pager messages (Ok might be over 20 years now but still seems recent to me :D)

With a radio station or sound system it is obvious if you are just hearing "sssssssss" or other harsh noises through the loudspeaker (instead of the music or talk you expected) that something is defective. An antenna mast could have come down because of weather, the electricity supply might have failed, or a cat has pulled out an important cable or jumped on a laptop and disconnected a network stream). I've had to investigate stations off air for all these reasons).

It is not always that obvious if content on a website is just missing or there is a bug in the software. This isn't the first time I've noticed missing content on a radio station website; even a lot of larger or "mainstream" stations now struggle with keeping both the radio station (online or terrestrial) running and updating websites. I had initially assumed that it was just my adblocking and privacy/security software objecting to something on the "free hosting" and wasn't going to shut these off as I put them there for valid security reasons (online ads have become a major source of malware).

Last edited: