New and totally confused...

Christine Corda

I am new.
"how hard could it be" I said to myself LOL

I signed up for a 128 kbps
I downloaded filezilla but am stuck trying to upload files I wanted to use auto DJ at first.
I have not figured out how to upload the files to the server for auto DJ I was told by a friend I need SAM broadcaster and do not know how to set that up and thought that was for live shows only?
I want to play past shows i have done via Mp3's
I cannot seem to get started with this at all I am not so tech-ish so would very much appreciate any help.

Thank you !
Chris

lockylive

Until support or someone with more knowledge of this server answers….

SAM is for Live broadcasting and to do so must connect to the server constantly (sam is a really powerful bit of software and can run sophisticated automation itself but must remain connected at all times).

AutoDJ is when your files are uploaded (once) and then stored online. This sounds like what you are trying to do and indeed I believe an FTP program like filezilla will do this for you.
I just cant help you with connection details or where the mp3 files need to be uploaded.

Christine Corda

Until support or someone with more knowledge of this server answers….

SAM is for Live broadcasting and to do so must connect to the server constantly (sam is a really powerful bit of software and can run sophisticated automation itself but must remain connected at all times).

AutoDJ is when your files are uploaded (once) and then stored online. This sounds like what you are trying to do and indeed I believe an FTP program like filezilla will do this for you.
I just cant help you with connection details or where the mp3 files need to be uploaded.

Yes that is all I want to do right now!! Thank you so much for adding your comment! :)

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
If your FTP software is connecting correctly you will see "remote" directories on your screen where your MP3 files should be transferred to. This is the auto DJ storage on your radio server.

The files you want to broadcast must go into the directory /media.

Once these are uploaded (it might take some time). Log in to your server control panel (centovacast) select "manage playlists" and then "update media library".

Once this is completed there are guides on this site on how to manage the playlists (how you would do this will depend on what your content actually is and your scheduling plans).

I admit I am relatively new to using the auto DJ myself (as I tend to more often help friends running live broadcasts) so am also learning, but am willing to share what I find out.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
I am new.
"how hard could it be" I said to myself LOL

I signed up for a 128 kbps
I downloaded filezilla but am stuck trying to upload files I wanted to use auto DJ at first.
I have not figured out how to upload the files to the server for auto DJ I was told by a friend I need SAM broadcaster and do not know how to set that up and thought that was for live shows only?
I want to play past shows i have done via Mp3's
I cannot seem to get started with this at all I am not so tech-ish so would very much appreciate any help.

Thank you !
Chris

Hi Christine,

Firstly, welcome to Internet Radio.. 8)

Could you please clarify your account name? Did you sign up for a package that includes the AutoDJ feature for free, or have you just subscribed to this separately in your control panel? Just so that we can confirm that its actually enabled on your account.

All of the above answers / advice is spot on and you do not require SAM Broadcaster for this.

Please feel free to drop us an email here and we will happily guide you through the set up process. :)

Christine Corda

Thank you to everyone who answered!

I did sign up for the auto DJ as well as the radio station itself.

My sign up/ account name is Ccorda.

I am going to send an email because I am clearly confused.

:eek:

Thank you again!

Hi Christine,

Firstly, welcome to Internet Radio.. 8)

Could you please clarify your account name? Did you sign up for a package that includes the AutoDJ feature for free, or have you just subscribed to this separately in your control panel? Just so that we can confirm that its actually enabled on your account.

All of the above answers / advice is spot on and you do not require SAM Broadcaster for this.

Please feel free to drop us an email here and we will happily guide you through the set up process. :)