No audio / level meters dormant when using BUTT to stream online

monty_23

Ok, so as far as I know, I've got everything set up correctly in BUTT to stream my music into Second Life.

But I can't hear anything when I play a song through there, and the level meters don't light up at all (yet it is connected to the internet and is uploading bytes).

I don't use a soundcard for my computer audio settings. I use an external (USB-connected) audio interface and play all computer audio through that. Everything...from my recording software stuff, Youtube, Windows Media Player to just general Windows sounds.

I do have the option of something called Realtek audio sound card, but whenever I select this, I hear nothing at all on my computer. I have to have the audio routed through my audio interface.

And I have selected that audio interface as the device in BUTT, but still nothing!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi monty_23. What external soundcard are you using out of interest? What program are you playing your audio from as well? If the VU meters are not responding, then basically BUTT is not getting any kind of signal to it.

Does your external soundcard have some kind of control panel software which allows you to adjust the levels for line in / mic inputs / playback volume etc. Have you also checked your 'Sound' recording and playback settings in your computers control panel under "Hardware and Sound" (presuming that you are a Windows user that is?).