Problems trying Virtual Broadcaster DJ

progyesfm

I have just set up Virtual Broadcaster but I cannot start recording I get

** Broadcast Erroir**

Server answered : "

I wondered if I needed to restart my server.

I did this but it didn't work.

In fact now, after restarting my server, all my songs are playing with glitches and sound terrible.

In fact on Virtual DJ I can get a good mix of headphones and music in my headphones , so I think I'm ok to go live. I just need to connect it to my stream and I'll be OK.

I need to be sure I can connect in cleanly and come out again without disrupting my service.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi there. You do not need to restart the server for this but you will need to disable your AutoDJ before connecting your live stream with Virtual DJ. This is most likely why you are getting that error message.

We think the skipping that you are experiencing is caused by your intro file. All of your files in your media library are at the correct bitrate for your stream (128kbps) however the intro file must also match the bit rate, sample rate and number of channels configured for your stream. If the bitrate/sample rate or channels are incorrect this will cause this problem. :)

progyesfm

Thanks

In fact it looks like the intro file is only played when you restart your server, which I hadn't done for ages. That was probably a duff file and that caused the problem. My station identification in my play list is fine. Now, I've removed that intro file station identification and restarted it sounds ok (I lost a lot of listeners though, I have apologised on facebook).

As far as Virtual DJ goes I managed to broadcast music but I can't get VDJ to accept any mic input. I have put a call into their support forum.

If anyone has any ideas this is what I've asked:

I am using Virtual DJ Broadcaster with an EMU 1616 sound module connected to a Mackie 1020 VLZ Pro mixer. I cannot get the Virtual DJ to detect the mic input. I have tried putting the mic into the front of EMU1616 inputs. The mic levels on the EMU are showing input , but there's nothing showing on the VDJ. I can hear what's playing and I have managed to broadcast music to my internet channel, but I can't broadcast voice. I also don't seem to be able to fade out the music I can hear on my headphones for some reason. Please can you advise on how to use VDJ with this set up?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Great, we are pleased the skipping issue is now resolved. This is common for incorrectly encoded intro files to cause this problem.

We are glad that you can now also stream with Virtual DJ. Good luck in resolving the mic input issue, unfortunately we are not that familiar with that soundcard or desk so are unable to assist you with this we are afraid. Although it does sound to us to be more software related rather than hardware related if the soundcard is detecting the mic input. Have you adjusted your 'sound setup' settings with the programs config page? You can set this up for mic inputs there. :)