Setting Up A New Internet Radio Station

ssimpson2719

Can anyone help me with the process of setting up a new Internet radio station? I do not want to host the files on my own computer as I don't want to leave it on all the time and use up bandwidth. I want to be able to upload my MP3 files to a free online server, hopefully with a simple way to put a widget on my web page for playback, and a way for users to tell what is being currently played. I want to be able to just set it for 24/7 playback cycling through the MP3s I have, which are all my own content. I have signed up for a number of free Internet radio services only to find out they do not include the ability for me to upload my files to a server. I would really appreciate someone stepping me through this process.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi ssimpson2719,

Yeah sure, we can assist you with this. 8)

With our Auto DJ feature you can upload your Mp3 files to our servers. This allows you to automate your radio station with playlists and comes with many features to help run your radio station 24/7. However this service is not free. Some more information on the pricing for this can be found here.

If you was to create a server account with us and make use of the AutoDJ feature, we then provide code to display tune in links, now playing and more on your website. We also host an optional start page for free with a built in flash player which automatically connects any visitor to your radio.

Please just let us know if you have any more questions or if there is anything that we can assist you with at all, thank you. :)

telabadmanwot

Can anyone help me with the process of setting up a new Internet radio station? I do not want to host the files on my own computer as I don't want to leave it on all the time and use up bandwidth. I want to be able to upload my MP3 files to a free online server, hopefully with a simple way to put a widget on my web page for playback, and a way for users to tell what is being currently played. I want to be able to just set it for 24/7 playback cycling through the MP3s I have, which are all my own content. I have signed up for a number of free Internet radio services only to find out they do not include the ability for me to upload my files to a server. I would really appreciate someone stepping me through this process.

The only way to run your stream without hosting it on your own PC, is indeed with Auto DJ, and Auto DJ hosting is never free. (At least after a lot of searching I never found one).