VFR Europe testing local studio playout : tune in, no anorak required ;)

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFR usually runs on auto DJ (which isn't ideal as you can't time stuff exactly unless you spend ages editing every audio file to the last second and doing the maths as well) - which is why you get a random selection of mixes every day.

I'm trying to sort it out so mixes from more well known DJ's (like Umek, Robbie4Ever and Blake Baltimore) get played at known times at least for some parts of the afternoon / evening

So currently playing out prerecorded mixes but from my studio playout system - so anyone who's free is welcome to listen in and let me know how it sounds (or any requests etc, even if I don't get a chance to do a full live show today there's loads of other mixes I can play out)

And as streaming isn't yet affected by sunspots/tropo you do not need anorak (folk only wore them because you had to go out into the open to get a good radio signal and its often cold/raining in Northern Europe).

In any case the first anoraks were invented by the Inuit folk (in the even colder bits North of where !sinner69! is) and made from sealskin doused with lashings of fish oil. As that requires whacking a fairly cute creature about the head with a large club and the pong must have been unbearable, its hardly any wonder they didn't have many friends, in the old days the postmand would even deliver their letters at the end of a long stick with a peg on his nose, and probably thought "I wish that Marconi chap would hurry up and invent the radio, so we can communicate with these malodorous lot without having to go near them."

Listen to House Music on VFR Radio