Advanced Embedding

Syncretia

Hello. This is my first post so feel free to introduce yourself. I just got my station up and running the other day. I put the standard Flash ShoutCast player on my web page. Looks pretty decent and works well. But, I want to take it a few steps further. I'm currently hosted with Wavestreamer.

I want these features:
  • Work everywhere (phones, tablets, etc) so HTML 5
  • Display Album Artwork
  • Link to the place where the track can be bought (iTunes, Amazon, Beatport. etc.)

Wavestreaming offer this app for $99 per year:
Wavestreaming / Radio Player / Radio Player

It looks like it's along the lines of what I am looking for but I want to know if there are alternatives, and I need to know that I will be able to find a way to direct traffic to the sales pages for the tracks. I am a programmer so I'm happy to write some JavaScript if necessary.

Cheers
Syncretia Radio

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Syncretia Radio,

To be honest we are not aware of anything that offers all of those features that you want. There are players which can display the album artwork but its unlikely that they will work on phones and tablets and will also not provide buy links either.

Perhaps some other users may be able to point you in the right direction for another alternative?

Some great tracks playing on your station at the moment by the way. Please also feel free to submit your station to our directory's here: Add Your Internet Radio Station :)

sojic

@Syncretia, I'm developer as well... I'm planing to develop similar "player" as you requested, if you are web developer as well, please contact me.

Syncretia

@Syncretia, I'm developer as well... I'm planing to develop similar "player" as you requested, if you are web developer as well, please contact me.

Well, the other day I wrote an ASP web service which queries the Shout Cast server. I then wrote JavaScript to poll the web service. It was working really well. I hard coded some HTML for the artists that were featuring and it was displaying links to send the users to buy the tracks. However, I'm now in the process of applying for a license so the site won't be up until that is complete.