Auto DJ carries on

Quakey

We have been trying to set up our Auto DJ so that DJs who do not have access to our control panel can connect without needing one of the admins to be available to switch auto on and off.
We have changed the mountpoint to /live and have tested this. It says that the tracks that we are uploading are playing, but also the preloaded auto tracks. On checking to see what listeners could hear they could hear the auto and not the tracks we were playing live.
I am guessing that this is something simple to do, but I have been looking at it for so long I have gone cross eyed....all help greatly appreciated.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi there

Can you please clarify what your username is? You mention /live so this implies to us that you are on an Icecast server but we need to know for sure?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We have just tested your account by tuning into it normally, so the Auto DJ is playing, then we connected to /live and the switch over happened as it should. Then we disconnected and it went back to the auto dj. The stream is working perfectly.

Something to check:

Make sure the listeners are tuning into the playlist links provided in the control panel or http://cp2.internet-radio.org.uk:30163/stream.m3u NOT http://cp2.internet-radio.org.uk:30163/autodj.m3u or they will only ever hear the autodj.

At the moment you say you can only hear the Auto DJ despite streaming on /live which makes us think the problem is the tune in point you are using to check. As we said above any of the control panel tune in links or http://cp2.internet-radio.org.uk:30163/stream.m3u should work.

Hope this helps 8)

Quakey

Even though i copied the link given above into my player i was still hearing what the auto was playing and not what was being transmitted by the live dj (what was being played by the live dj was showing on the over view)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Ok, we think we may know what is causing the problem. From doing a search for your station we found the following two results in our listings: Belters Internet Radio Stations

One of the results is your 'AutoDJ' stream and another is a 'Live' stream that you seem to have connected but is not broadcasting or is just not working correctly? From looking at the 'Live' streams details we can see that you are using the format Ogg Vorbis for this rather than Mp3. If you hover over the tune in links for each result you will notice that the address is different.

The change over problem is likely because of inconsistent formats as your AutoDJ stream is in Mp3 while the live stream is in Ogg Vorbis. Also, by using Ogg Vorbis it is generating a different address for the playlist files, hence why your users are probably still hearing the AutoDJ. Its also worth us mentioning that some media and flash players do not support Ogg Vorbis. We have also noticed that your AutoDJ files are all at various different bitrates. Its important that these are all at the same bitrate as configured for your stream which is 64kbps.

We recommend that you restart your server and try to connect a live stream again using the Mp3 format this time and then test this again using the tune in links provided in your control panel. As long as you are using the correct mountpoints and the format is consistent between the two streams, then this should work correctly. You also need to re-encode all of your AutoDJ files at 64kbps as soon as possible. Hope this helps. :)