Can DJ's Broadcast directly into my SAM Broadcaster software with me having control!

rayspin

Hi I am not sure which package of SAM to use if any , I have a website with audio radio shoutcast player on it ,I now have a few DJ's in other areas that want to broadcast their shows through my site and player I thought SAM Broadcaster would do the job I can get the music playing out but how do you setup and enable DJ's elsewhere to log into my SAM and broadcast through the software ,can this be done if not please recommened a low cost option also I need control over the shows and not to make it too complicated for the DJ's to login and begin there shows?:think: ,Regards .....Ray .

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Ray,

Basically, this is not possible! The other DJ's will require their own copy's of SAM Broadcaster installed and then you will need a separate radio server that you can all log into from your different locations and then broadcast from. SAM Broadcaster does not have a built in server so a streaming server is required.

We host Shoutcast and Icecast servers and some more information on this can be found here: Internet Radio Servers

With hosting a radio server with us you would have full control over your station and securely allow other DJ's to broadcast on your radio. You will have an administrator password and a source password. The administrator password is for logging into the control panel and admin areas of your server. The source password is for your DJ's to use purely to broadcast to the server (along with the hostname / port). You can make your source password different from your administrator password and then give the source password to your DJ's.

Please just let us know if you have any further questions or require any assistance at all. You can also contact us via email here if you like. :)