Drops / idents / jingles ... how often do you play them?

Pigpen Radio

Do you have drops/idents/jingles on your station?

How often do they play?

Reason I ask is I'll soon be adding some to Pigpen Radio. I was thinking of playing them once per hour, or once per two hours, as to not annoy listeners. However after reading some articles online the suggestions seem to be playing the drops multiple times per hour (this article for example http://blogproducers.radionomy.com/en/post/2014/09/11/how-often-should-you-play-your-jingles)

Pigpen Radio

Thinking back to when I used to DJ live on pirate radio back in the day I would do a shout out on the mic every 15 minutes over the music and that seemed about right. I think that would be a bit over the top for a jingle/drop/ident though. Interested to see what others thoughts are on this.

Motrukdriver

About every 6 or 7 songs I'd do a drop or some silly made up commercial just for a laugh. I just mixed them up enough so nothing seemed in your face. My listeners know who I am and what radio station they were tuned into so I never felt the need to bombard them with idents or too much chatter. Just getting on the mic and talking a little about the songs that just got played and maybe a short story about one of the artists is good then give them something to laugh about and its back to the music.