How to get on Wifi Radio listings? HELP

DANCERADIOUK

Hi

I hope someone on here can help me, we used to be listen on my little sandstrom wifi radio at home but so cannot be found

Does anyone know where they take the listings from for this and others like roberts wifi radio etc

Google isnt helping surely must be a directory somewhere they use

We are listed on all the usual ones

www.danceradiouk.com

Many Thanks In Advance

Matt

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We are not sure to be honest about the wifi radio listings. We were always under the impression that a stations server address had to inputted manually? We don't think they have lists that tend to cater for general internet radio stations but just more for the established digital stations such as the BBC etc. Although with most you can still enter a radio stations stream URL.

DANCERADIOUK

Weird as we were listed via our icecast server not manually either, thanks for the reply hopefully someone will know

Matt

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Oh perhaps the Shoutcast and Icecast directorys are somehow available then via digital radio's? Its not something i've really ever looked into to be fair!

Hopefully someone else might know?

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
it depends completely on the hardware designers and how they go about it. Unfortunately it seems that Dixons (who actually make this set in spite of its Scandinavian sounding name) have given up on internet radios as I couldn't find any support info.

A lot of end sets use the Reciva portal and I think you can submit your URL there. A small set I own from Archos in France uses a very old custom version of Android and is bundled with a pro version of Tune In; although you can also play streams direct from its browser.