ICECAST switching from AutoDJ to Live - Player Restart

MykeH

Hi All

I would appreciate some feedback

I am using ICECAST with the FFMp3 Player bit rate is 64Kbps on both AutoDJ and SAM Broadcaster

When I switch from AutoDJ to LIVE (SAM Broadcaster) listerners have to restart the player?
When I switch over I DO NOT disable source in the CP - as I understand this is one of the benefits of ICECAST

Is it normal that ;listeners have to restart the Player or is there something I can look at tomake the transition better?

Mike

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Mike,

Icecast servers move listeners over without the need for them to restart the player?

Are you using the mountpoint of "/live" in SAM's settings for when you stream live? This will automatically move listeners from the "/autodj" mountpoint over to the "/live" mounpoint.

MykeH

Correct I am using /live as the mount point in Sam Broadcaster

It does automatically move listerners over no problem BUT the player (FFMp3) sounds jerky when the listerners have been moved over to the Live Broadcast.

Listerners have ti stop and and re started the player again again to get the music to come through properly.

I am broadcastcasting at 64bit and Constant Bit Rare of 2204 Khz

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
You need to be streaming at a constant bitrate of 64kbps and with a samplerate of 44.1khz. With flash based players (such as FFMP3) if there is any inconsistency in the bitrates and samplerate between the AutoDJ stream and the live stream, this will cause playback issues (such as skipping) on the change overs. :)