Mature announcer with great radio voice looking for part-time, volunteer work

John Watson

Hi, my name is John and I already run a semi-automated internet-only radio station from my home in New Zealand called Sleep Radio (see www.sleepradio.co.nz ) and I'd like to expand my horizons further by volunteering on another station. I'm 59 years old with a mature, deep voice and very intelligent and up-to-date when it comes to music and current world affairs. I'm also a qualified sound engineer. I have announcing / DJ experience with a number of FM radio stations in New Zealand. My preference by far is 60s and 70s music or music from the movies and if I were able to host a weekly radio show with either type of content (I have heaps of music) that'd be great. I'd ideally be suited to a weekly graveyard shift between say, midnight and dawn GMT as I live in New Zealand which is 12-13 hours ahead of GMT. I can be contacted at sleepradio@watsons.co.nz I have a short voice sample at http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Ii4oKaYAJs

Last edited:

Stevy6

Hi john, what sort of show you looking to do?
We broadcast 24/7 365 days a year from the UK but have a worldwide audience.

2 hours dedicated per week is all we ask and you get a live dashboard with audience interaction.
Tune into hive365.co.uk to get a feel of who we are, currently have over 20 live broadcasters from the UK, Spain, USA, South Africa and more... Get in touch with your show idea.

Stevy

John Watson

Hi john, what sort of show you looking to do?
We broadcast 24/7 365 days a year from the UK but have a worldwide audience.

2 hours dedicated per week is all we ask and you get a live dashboard with audience interaction.
Tune into hive365.co.uk to get a feel of who we are, currently have over 20 live broadcasters from the UK, Spain, USA, South Africa and more... Get in touch with your show idea.

Stevy

Hi Stevy. Thanks for your message although after having listened in to hive365 I'm wondering if I'd fit into your music genre. My preference by far is 60s and 70s music or music from the movies and if I were able to host a weekly radio show with either type of content (I have heaps of music) that'd be great. I'd ideally be suited to a weekly graveyard shift between say, midnight and dawn GMT as I live in New Zealand which is 12-13 hours ahead of GMT.

Hi, my name is John and I already run a semi-automated internet-only radio station from my home in New Zealand called Sleep Radio (see www.sleepradio.co.nz ) and I'd like to expand my horizons further by volunteering on another station. I'm 59 years old with a mature, deep voice and very intelligent and up-to-date when it comes to music and current world affairs. I'm also a qualified sound engineer. I have announcing / DJ experience with a number of FM radio stations in New Zealand. My preference by far is 60s and 70s music or music from the movies and if I were able to host a weekly radio show with either type of content (I have heaps of music) that'd be great. I'd ideally be suited to a weekly graveyard shift between say, midnight and dawn GMT as I live in New Zealand which is 12-13 hours ahead of GMT. I can be contacted at sleepradio@watsons.co.nz I have a short voice sample at http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Ii4oKaYAJs
email me at harry200holmes@gmail.com when you get some time plaese

Stevy6

Hi John,
Thanks for the response. I believe you have already been on our teamspeak channel and in contact with Demo,

60s 70s and a movie themed show would be good. If you can email Demo with some more details and we can get the ball rolling.

Look forward to hearing you on air.

John Watson

Hi again. All I've done is download the teamspeak software and made sure it works for about 3 seconds. I haven't actually spoken with anyone yet. When is a good time to call in, given that we're 13 hours ahead of GMT here in New Zealand.

Stevy6

There is usually people on uk time from 7pm through to 1am depending on the day of the week. All presenter when on air will be in teamspeak during their shows, and tend to have some of players sitting in chat rooms too. I'm personally on between 8:30 and 11:30 tonight (Sunday) about 30mins either side of my show.

May speak later if your on.

John Watson

There is usually people on uk time from 7pm through to 1am depending on the day of the week. All presenter when on air will be in teamspeak during their shows, and tend to have some of players sitting in chat rooms too. I'm personally on between 8:30 and 11:30 tonight (Sunday) about 30mins either side of my show.

May speak later if your on.

Many thanks but the gaming aspect of the station just puts me right off. Just not my thing, sorry

Stevy6

No problem John. Thank you for your interest

We do have a wide range of ages in our presenters from 18 to 50+ but here are a few gamers stats from the latest ESA report

http://www.theesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/ESA-Essential-Facts-2015.pdf
  • Average age of players: 30
  • 62% of all gamers are adults
  • 68% are above 18 and older
  • 45% are female (up from 42% in 2012) and are usually over 18
  • Average of 2 gamers per household
  • 51% of households own at least one console
  • Average age of purchaser: 35
  • 77% of gamers play at least one hour a week
  • 36% play games on their smart phone