Microphone delay

GeminiRadio

Hello all,I am using a rode condenser microphone,with M audio interface.I am getting delay which is off putting.I am using Mixxx software.I have tried different settings,but still have the problem,I use the mic with pro tools for guitar vocals,and its ok.Would any other mic work better with Mixxx,or any other software that might work better the Rode microphone.Thanks:)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Sounds like you just need to adjust your soundcards "Latency" settings in the preferences.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Oh right ok?

Hmmm, well that's a decent mic and soundcard. It has to down to some settings. Do you have a control panel for the soundcard itself? Have you tried looking at those settings?

Might also be worth contacting Mixxx themselves. Mixxx - Contact

GeminiRadio

Oh right ok?

Hmmm, well that's a decent mic and soundcard. It has to down to some settings. Do you have a control panel for the soundcard itself? Have you tried looking at those settings?

Might also be worth contacting Mixxx themselves. Mixxx - Contact

MAudio =Soundcard?? When I use the Maudio with protools for guitar vocals,theres a button on the interface to listen directly to it,taking out any delay,but it wont do that with Mixxx.I will contact mixxx,thanks for the link.

Cashpot

MAudio =Soundcard?? When I use the Maudio with protools for guitar vocals,theres a button on the interface to listen directly to it,taking out any delay,but it wont do that with Mixxx.I will contact mixxx,thanks for the link.

Is there any any chance a USB connection somewhere in the chain? That is wonderful at delaying an audio signal as it has to convert the audio to digital which takes time. You can't do anything about it as the speed is governed by the crystal in the USB unit. ;-(

GeminiRadio

Is there any any chance a USB connection somewhere in the chain? That is wonderful at delaying an audio signal as it has to convert the audio to digital which takes time. You can't do anything about it as the speed is governed by the crystal in the USB unit. ;-(

Well the M Audio interface is connected to the laptop by usb,if thats what you mean?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member

The M-Audio USB audio interface's are more than capable of zero latency monitoring and recording providing they are set correctly. :)

Well the M Audio interface is connected to the laptop by usb,if thats what you mean?

Which model is it out of interest? Are the drivers up to date for it? Any updates may help you to reduce the latency. Its worth you checking the M-Audio website for updated drivers: M-AUDIO - Drivers and Software Search

As we mentioned before, its also worth checking the interfaces properties and control panel settings. You should be able to adjust the latency settings with these.