No sound in iTunes when playing MP3 stream from Edcast to Shoutcast.

ihatespinach

I can successfully stream MP3 @ 128kbps to my Shoutcast server using Edcast. It plays perfectly using Flash Player and Windows Media Player but when I try to stream via iTunes URL or playlist file:

- my username (not my metadata stream name) is displayed
- no sound is heard yet it appears to be streaming as the timecode is ticking away

Can you suggest why I'm not hearing any sound?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
And this is only with iTunes you say? That seems odd if it works fine in the flash player and other media players?

Please let us know the next time that you are streaming and we shall test this for you. This might sound stupid but are you sure the iTunes volume control was actually turnt up?

ihatespinach

And this is only with iTunes you say? That seems odd if it works fine in the flash player and other media players?

Please let us know the next time that you are streaming and we shall test this for you. This might sound stupid but are you sure the iTunes volume control was actually turnt up?

Thanks. Yes, the volume was turned up but it was still my fault (kind of)... The URL generated by the iTunes playlist file (.pls) didn't work in iTunes. I tried the iTunes link in my Control Panel under Quick Links and the iTunes link on my station's Start Page. When I entered the URL manually in iTunes, using the format http://[servername]:[port] it streamed perfectly in MP3.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
The 'Quick Links' are for Winamp, Windows Media Player, Real Player and Quicktime, there is no link for iTunes. But we are pleased that you got this to work anyway. :)