Over use by phantom listener

Cashpot

My show repeats every 24 hours yet I have one "listener" who has been connected for 5777 minutes (4 days, 24/7) without a break! This happened last month too.

When I try to resolve their IP it comes back as one that is not even in use!

The problem is that I keep being asked to pay for more bandwidth almost all of which is to pay for this one "listener". I sometimes have "two" listeners, the second of which seems to behave normally. i.e. Listen for an hour or so then go away and do something else.

It would of course be in somebody's interest to keep one "listener" connected for long periods as this means that I keep having to pay more money to keep my station alive.

Any suggestions please?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes, this happen sometimes where you have listeners that are using odd listener agents or who are basically stream ripping. But we can honestly 100% assure you that this is no ploy to make you purchase more bandwidth. The same problem has happened to other users in the past who are on pay monthly subscriptions and unlimited bandwidth.

When this happens we recommend that you kick and ban these listeners in the admin section of your server. Click on 'Server Administration' in the control panel and then 'Admin Login'. The username for this is "admin" and the password is the same as the one you use for you control panel.

We hope this helps.