Problem using BUTT

MalcolmDeXxX

I am trying to use BUTT to broadcast online, but apparently, because my laptop has a mic built in (as opposed to a mic input jack) I cannot use it properly. Apparently I need to buy one of these:

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCA202.aspx

I have the following tools that I need to use:

Traktor S2
HP Laptop (with headphone jack, but no mic jack)
Traktor Scratch Pro 2
Shure PGA58 (XLR only)
Edifier Speakers/Amp

I also have a Behringer DJX750 with an XLR port if I need to use that, but I think I need to get an XLR to Phono cable to connect my mic directly to my Traktor S2.

Anyone got any ideas?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi MalcolmDeXxX,

Welcome to the forums.
clear.png
:)

If you want to connect your mic directly to the S2, then you could pick up an XLR to 1/4 inch jack lead for your Shure mic and plug this into the mic input at the back of your S2. The leads are normally only about £5.

The Traktor S2 has a built in audio interface. (Great bit of kit by the way, i have one myself) It also has a 1/4 inch jack mic input at the back of the controller. But because it does not have any audio inputs directly to the computer / software, unfortunately the mic wont actually work within the Traktor software itself. The microphone input is routed directly to the main output of the S2 instead. Which is fine in a live / club environment, but not for radio broadcasting.

We hope that this helps.