Problems Install ffmp3 in JOOMLA 2.5

Mágic Rádio

hi there! i need help with my site.i want to install the ffmp2 player with mcclean skin. i put those files in my ftp public_html directory ffmp3-clean (directory with images) ffmp3.swf and ffmp3-config.swf. After that i am going into Joomla modules i am entering a new custom html module and there i am putting the code that i copy.but i can see and hear nothing I have a test of my site there August 2012 Template Demo scroll down and you will see the module VIDEO DOCUMENTATION.why should that happen?and can you suggest me any solution....?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi, your player looks to be working now, so we presume that you managed to fix the issue. :)

However, your audio is really really distorted. You need to adjust your levels. :S

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
if your content is being played in from an analogue source (such as your console mixer into a soundcard) then turn down the levels of this audio either at the soundcard or the mixer output. because of different standards used for analogue and digital audio meters and national variations, it is easy to get into a great confusion here and send your audio in too loud.

if your source material is digital clipped and distorted, then the bad news is you will have to get rid of this content for some better quality audio files.

on digital audio for online broadcast you must never go beyond 0dBFS.

That will sound nasty to peoples ears, and could even damage their loudspeakers. in fact better to keep your peak levels normaly below this, leaving what is called "headroom". This is digital audio, there is not a noise floor to get above and your listeners can always turn up the volume on their devices :)

Mágic Rádio

if your content is being played in from an analogue source (such as your console mixer into a soundcard) then turn down the levels of this audio either at the soundcard or the mixer output. because of different standards used for analogue and digital audio meters and national variations, it is easy to get into a great confusion here and send your audio in too loud.

if your source material is digital clipped and distorted, then the bad news is you will have to get rid of this content for some better quality audio files.

on digital audio for online broadcast you must never go beyond 0dBFS.

That will sound nasty to peoples ears, and could even damage their loudspeakers. in fact better to keep your peak levels normaly below this, leaving what is called "headroom". This is digital audio, there is not a noise floor to get above and your listeners can always turn up the volume on their devices :)

i think now its much better!check it please

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
the audio levels are better - I'm currently only listening on the laptop and headphones than some of the better equipment here as I've only recently got back from work and not had time to use any better monitoring kit, but can't hear any distortion...