Radio Player on Website to Play Mobile Devices

DMN

Radio Player on Website That Works on Mobile Devices

Hi All,
I have done research into radio players that can be embedded in websites and it seems they are all Flash based. The problem I am having using Flash based radio players is that they do not work on mobile devices. I know about registering my site with tunein.com and itune so that listeners can listen to my station with their mobile devices but I don't want that. I want people to visit my site instead of going to those sites I've just mentioned.

I have looked at JW Player and FlowPlayer and I've found that JW Player does not support streams. However, I am not sure if FlowPlayer can handle streams; I did not find any articles stating that it plays streams. Please help if you think there is a way to make an embedded radio player work on desktop computers as well as on mobile devices. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Jw player

I'm not 100 per cent but there is a work round to re script partial bits of jw player to play live streams alternatively have a look around there is players that you can purchase purely for mobile tune ins

jambo

Why not get yourself a HTML5 WebApp done for your station that the listener can download from your site and add to the home screen of their device, we have one and it works on nearly all mobile devices.

Take a look London Taxi Radio