Restarting the server

jorgear

Hello,

I have a big problem with Centova Cast 3. When I add more music to the playlist and update the broadcast, I restart the server and at that moment you may know that the broadcast is interrupted. So the listeners who are hearing my station at that moment stop hearing it. What is the best solution to avoid this problem? Maybe stopping the server and pushing again the Start button?

Thanks for your help.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi jorgear,

You should not need to restart the server after updating your AutoDJ playlists? As long as you save the changes to a playlist after you have added the tracks, then the new tracks will still be played without any restart needed.

jorgear

So the new uploaded tracks are played in the playlist without restarting? If I upload a 1 hour show, not needed either? So then what is the Restart link useful for?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes. It would just be a big inconvenience having to interrupt the stream each time new tracks / shows were added.

The server restart is for when you make server configuration changes really. The server has to be restarted for any changes to fully take effect. Also in the rare occasion that the server may be playing up or not working correctly, a server restart usually helps. ;)

jorgear

Hi again.

I have a problem with scheduled playlists. The other playlists set as interval, and general rotation work fine, but scheduled playlist don't work. I want to play one hour show and I uploaded it to the folder and later I moved it into the corresponding playlist. The repeat schedule is set as Never )I only want a time). The playback style is Play all tracks sequencially (in order) (there is only a track), interruptible - no, and "Stop after" is set to 60 (the duration of the file or program). I thing all is correct but I have executed this several times but sometimes the system rejects it and other times the playlist appears but it is played only for minute.

It seems that my standard rotation playlist doesn't allow the scheduled playlist to broadcast its content, because the scheduled enabled playlist changes to Disable automatically. Very strange.

Thanks for helping because I am driving crazy. :)

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
You don't actually host your station with us do you? You really should ask your own service provider for some assistance with this.

It would help if we could check over your accounts settings really.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Ok great, hopefully they will check over the settings for you and point you in the right direction.

jorgear

Yes, problem resolved. Either the file to broadcast and the playlist could not have the same name or in "Stop After" I had to put the total length of the file to play, not "0". One of both was the mistake, or maybe both...

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Glad to hear its resolved. You mentioned in your other post that you had "Stop After" set to 60. Guess that was not actually the case then. At least it's sorted now anyway. :)