SAM + Auto DJ

krismcb

HI there, I'm new around here.. I tried reading the guides before I posted here but I really am stuck with something.

I seem to connect then disconnect using SAM mp3 normal encoder.. I think I read somewhere that the problem is because I am already streaming from another source which would of been right. I was using the auto dj at that time to start the server and broadcast a test audio.

My point is that for me to start the server I get a message telling me there needs to be an audio file in the media library, so if I have that audio file playing and I start the server.. How am I supposed to connect and use SAM with the auto dj activated at same time? I want to be able to use SAM for all my music library and internet radio.com for server hosting.

Hope I make sense.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi krismcb,

Firstly, welcome to Internet Radio. We presume that your account is "texturefm"?

Its odd that you mention the 'AutoDJ' as it is not actually enabled on your account, nor have we received any notification of a PayPal subscription from you for this feature? Had you subscribed to this at all?

For some very odd reason, despite the AutoDJ feature being disabled, you had the media library for this active on your control panel? Normally when this feature is active on an account it requires at least one track in a general rotation playlist in order to start the stream. This seems to be the case here even though the feature was not actually on the account? When you have an active AutoDJ playlist, you have to manually deactivate the AutoDJ source in the control panel in order to connect your live source (So SAM for example).

So what we have done anyway is completely removed this for you, so you should be able to start the server normally now and connect SAM.

Please let us know how you get on and also feel free to drop us an email at Contact Internet Radio should you have any further problems. Also, please let us know if you had actually subscribed to the AutoDJ so that we can look into why this was not set up correctly on your account and the PayPal subscription was missing?

Cheers. 8)

krismcb

Thank you for your speedy reply support.

No I haven't subscribed to auto dj, just the server hosting. Maybe I'm getting a little confused between auto dj and the media library. But yes I had to have a file in the library before I could turn ON the server.

It says below the auto dj subscribe button that there is a 7 day trial.. im not sure whether this is what I am experiencing now..

Your solution is what I need to get up and running the way I want :)

I will try tonight and report back, thank you.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
No problem. Happy to help. :)

Yeah it should start fine now for you, we have tested this and the server started fine for us.

The 7 day trial is only for when you subscribe to the feature, you then get charged for it if you do not cancel this within the 7 day trial period. It just seems to have been some weird error on your account causing the AutoDJ's media library to be active even though you had not actually subscribed to it? This error is fixed now though!