SHOUTcast Souce DSP - Manual Title Updates

Stoneslive

I use the manual title updates during broadcasts of live football commentaries, to update the score on our website home page while the match is in progress. However, recently the display on the home page has read something along the lines of e.g. "(Unknown) Maidstone United 1:0 Hendon". Where do I enter the information to be shown in the brackets rather than "Unknown"? I would ideally prefer it to say "(Live commentary)" or similar.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
In the 'Directory' tab of Shoutcast DSP have you left the field "Name" in the directory configuration blank? It could be to do with that? As you are manually updating the title (which would be artist / track for example), this "Unknown" field is likely for the actual stream title ("Name") where you could try entering in "(Live commentary)" or something similar.

Perhaps give that a try.

Stoneslive

In the 'Directory' tab of Shoutcast DSP have you left the field "Name" in the directory configuration blank? It could be to do with that? As you are manually updating the title (which would be artist / track for example), this "Unknown" field is likely for the actual stream title ("Name") where you could try entering in "(Live commentary)" or something similar.

Perhaps give that a try.
Nope, tried entering "Live Commentary" in the Name fiield but that doesn't work - still saying "Unknown". Not sure what else it can be!?