ShoutCast V2

Hi Support,

Do you support shoutcast V2 as i cant find an option ?

i have now found a player to support AAC files but it only supports it Shoutcast V2

Thanks

Dan

RollinRadio

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Unfortunately not off the top of our heads no? Which player is it that you have found out of interest?

This is why we would always recommend streaming in mp3 over other formats as its the most compatible across the various media and flash based players. Its generally much more user friendly and its less likely to cause you any issues.

Unfortunately not off the top of our heads no? Which player is it that you have found out of interest?

This is why we would always recommend streaming in mp3 over other formats as its the most compatible across the various media and flash based players. Its generally much more user friendly and its less likely to cause you any issues.

Shoutcast Flash Player for MP3/AAC - Raudio Player

i have been happy with mp3 but the problem these days is bandwith on mobile phones.

128 mp3 is fine if you have unlimited internet but a lot of providers now cap at 1.3g p/month

AAC at 48kb is near perfect to cd quality at half bandwith

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Shoutcast Flash Player for MP3/AAC - Raudio Player

i have been happy with mp3 but the problem these days is bandwith on mobile phones.

128 mp3 is fine if you have unlimited internet but a lot of providers now cap at 1.3g p/month

Fair enough, we can appreciate what you are saying. We presume that you are aware that flash players do not support AAC? So for using that player you are are going to need a 'Wowza' media server? Do you intend to use Wowza to relay the stream so this player can play your AAC stream?

AAC at 48kb is near perfect to cd quality at half bandwith

Not so sure i agree with you on this personally, i think the compression is quite noticeable and far from CD quality, but then that's just my own opinion. AAC+ at 48kb is more or less the equivalent of Mp3 at 96kb, which we would still not say is quite CD quality. :)

*EDIT ^^^ Although we should add that this would be fine for mobile devices ;)