Telos Audioactive Streamer

Can anyone help, I have one of these streamers and want to use it with my icecast account, the unit itself only asks for an ip address and port to send the stream, is it possible to set this up without needing a password, or has anyone had expirience with this unit's config and knows how I can do this... thanks :)

Attachments

• audioactive-mpeg-encoder.pdf
    820.3 KB · Views: 1,099

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Unfortunately we have no experience with the "Telos Audioactive Streamer" ourselves. But perhaps some others may be able to assist you with this? General Lighting may be the man for some advice on this one?

From a quick Google search it appears as though they are intended for use with Icecast servers, but as Icecast servers use mountpoints this may be an issue if you cannot enter this information nor your servers password etc.

Have you tried contacting Telos Systems directly for advice on how this works exactly? http://www.telosalliance.com/support-request

Hi, thanks for the reply... it is rather an old unit so they may not support it now, however, it also streams directly from the unit via http, could I set this up so my icecast relays the signal it recieves from the unit ?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
No problem.

Right ok we see. Yes, you probably could use this for relaying as long as you have its stream host / ip address and port.

Aha.. cool, thanks, is this where I put the ip and port? the ports are adjustable on the unit...ip I would get from the isp (3g) unit,
Just so you know, I am trying to create an "outside broadcast" unit, using a 3g modem for the data, hooked up to the Audioactive, this in turn can be used at events to stream "live" if I get it all sorted!

Screen shot...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 710

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
The "Master Relaying" section of your control panel settings is where you would put the IP (or host) and port for this to act as a remote source for your Icecast server to relay.