Traktor broadcast on music issue

elaiavibe11

hey guys,me and my buddies made a website and we now want to broadcast some music to it,we put a widget and our programmer made a server or smth that is tested and working with virtual dj.But now I want to broadcast music with my traktor pro 2,but it seems that I cant put it to work,even with all their help.He gave me all the addresses and passwords that i need but i don't know where to put them(i mean in traktor broadcast settings).I read a post about using edcast but it seems that i doesnt help much in solving the problem.So...To sum up,we have a website,a radio widget that is tested and working only with v. dj for the moment and we want to use traktor pro 2 where we have our playlists a lot more organised! ty for your time,sorry for my english,i live in EU.. cheers :)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
You need to enter the details he has provided within your Broadcasting preferences. This can be found by going File > Preferences > Broadcasting tab. Then you put the server address in the address tab, server password in the password tab, the port number in the port tab, then select your format and required bitrate etc. We recommend referring to your Traktor manual if you get stuck with this but its pretty straight forward.

However, its only possible to stream with Traktor Pro in the 'Ogg Vorbis' format. The only server types that will support streaming in this format are Icecast servers. Is yours an Icecast or Shoutcast server?

There is however a work around for this where you could use a separate stream encoder in the background of Traktor to steam to your server in Mp3 format. We recommend using the Edcast method that you mentioned for this. This however will not display your playlists.

Its a shame that a great company such as Native Instruments does not make Mp3 streaming available in Traktor. Its something that we would most definitely welcome as we have been big fans of the software for a long time.