AuthHash issues

Bill Frater

I recently changed my SAM Cloud account to SC2 and I lost my I-R function. When I go to admin it's there and I got a authHas code from Shoutcast but can't figure out how to get it to accept the code (8A58FD2B-8CA3-424D-9979-D98016E06C95) or is that too long or the wrong AuthHash? confused... thanks!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Bill,

In order to set up the Shoutcast authhash settings to make your stream public in the shoutcast.com directory this requires your server account to be running their very latest version of Shoutcast v2.6 which we do not run at this time here on our servers (which is v2.5).

Our Shoutcast version gets updated alongside Centovacast (the control panel software), so when the next Centovacast update comes out we imagine we'll see a newer Shoutcast version too. We could upgrade just Shoutcast itself to v2.6, but we run the risk of compatibility issues with Centovacast so it's best we leave it to the Centova guys.

Also please be aware that if you stream over 128kbps then you now need to pay shoutcast.com a monthly fee of $9.90.