Auto Dj Displaying incorrect Album Art

MykeH

Hi Guys

Before I upload my files I used a piece of software (Switch Sound Converter) to convert my MP3 File to 64Kbps and upload the converted files everything was fine. - music streamed fine - artwork fine

I then started to add new mp3 files to the media library and did an update
for some reason my Album art defaulted to one (Chicago Best of) for everything

So I pulled everything down again delete all the files in the Media Library and upload again
problem still persists.

Music streams fine but the Album art is incorrect.

Would be grateful on a steer on how to correct this

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi there

We have logged into your ftp and and you have LOTS of album art jpegs in there that are probably causing the issue. You should login and delete these files.

We also recommend that you have a read of the manual in your "Quick Links" area of the control panel as this has good information on how the cover art system works.

MykeH

Thank you for your quick response

Yes I understand RTFM - I will do that;)

Given the album Art files are hidden - in which folder do I find the album art jpg's? They are not in the media folder

Also I have noticed when I did the original delete of all the MP3 file some them could not be removed - in terms of I was not able to delete them.

I am using FileZilla

Example Elvis Costello - Accidents will happen - give a go and see if you can remove it.

There is about 10 of these mp3 files

I am just wondering if this can also be the situation with the Album art in that when I do a complete clean out some of the Album Art is not being removed?

You rthoughts

Last edited:

MykeH

Thanks guys

I have found the problem, the answer was I found that the offending MP3 Tracks did have Album Art attached to them - the trick is use a Tag Editor like Mp3tag (Free) and actually check to see if there is artwork . In my case I found in the majority of the the MP3 Files there was none for some strange reason. Mp3Tag Editor allows you to download the artwork, in my case I upload the the files again and bob's your aunty success

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Thanks guys

I have found the problem, the answer was I found that the offending MP3 Tracks did have Album Art attached to them - the trick is use a Tag Editor like Mp3tag (Free) and actually check to see if there is artwork . In my case I found in the majority of the the MP3 Files there was none for some strange reason. Mp3Tag Editor allows you to download the artwork, in my case I upload the the files again and bob's your aunty success

Great, we are pleased you managed to resolve the issue :)