Auto DJ woes

danny_wasp

Hello support,

I'm having some issues with the auto DJ function, I have an Icecast server and when the auto DJ is activated I can't connect to the stream to broadcast. I thought that the broadcaster was meant to override the auto DJ whilst live and when the DJ disconnects the auto DJ was meant to kick back in.

I think everything has been configured correctly and am in need of a little help.

Also! I've uploaded an introduction file which also isn't currently working, I've checked to make sure it's the same bitrate as the server stream. Am a little stuck.

Cheers! :)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Danny

Make sure you use the mountpoint /live in your settings. Does this help ? It should auto-transfer from /autodj to /live when you connect and then back again when you disconnect. Let us know how you get on.

danny_wasp

Hey there,

Right then after a little reconfiguring (namely the mountpoint) my stream does connect and appears to upload to the server, however the auto DJ doesn't cut out?

Also having problems with the introduction file.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Danny

The Auto DJ wont stop as such. The listeners will get autotransferred to the /live mountpoint. Heres how it works :

/stream <- what listeners connect to

/live <- if live listeners hear this
/autodj <- if not live listenrs hear this

Listeners are auto transferred from /autodj to /live and back when /live is active/not active.

Hope this makes sense ?

What Intro file issues are you having ? Its very important the intro file is exactly the same bitrate / samplerate / channels as the autodj / live stream (it should all be the same).

danny_wasp

Hey buddy,

Yeah I understand the workings behind it as it's the same as we what we done with you back in the days of level-1, however when connecting to the stream with the mountpoint /live - it results in the listeners hearing the AutoDJ still and not what i'm uploading. Or to put it another way /live doesn't get piped down /stream to the listeners as /autodj seems to override.

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Danny. Apologies for stating the obvious but you don't appear to have an Auto DJ enabled on the server ? How are you testing this ?

danny_wasp

Ha! Very true! Last night we were broadcasting on it so didn't turn it on, unless i'm testing it I don't have the autodj function working.

We're broadcasting tonight too and Friday, will leave it on from Saturday onwards?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
hi Danny

Just checked your account (staticradiouk) and you have the mounpoint set to /staticradiouk in the Auto DJ configuration in the control panel. Change it back to /autodj and it should work fine. Dont forget to restart the server for the changes to take effect.

danny_wasp

Yo! Just a quick note - I changed it as you recommended and it's working fine now.

Just a silly mistake. Thanks for the help :)