Auto to Live - PLEASE HELP

rickhits

Hi All,

I run a shoutcast server without the use of Auto DJ. I have a constant stream and this is achieved by running a PC constantly which streams out to the server.

I want to be able to have DJ's broadcast live on the server from their own homes. Id ideally not like to give out the server details, and would like some sort of relay going through me first? This issue is id like the DJ to be able to connect, do their show, and then disconnect with the stream from my machine starting up again.

This could be done my by me disconnecting my stream and allowing somebody to connect but I want to do all of this without me being around to do anything.

I hear this is easier with IceCast but I use ShoutCast and wanted to know how I can achieve this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ben

Feel free to email me or reply to the thread. ben@rickhits.co.uk

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sourceforge airtime can do this. You will however need to reformat the PC to a Linux distribution (it works best on ubuntu and debian) or host it on a VPS elsewhere (and not all VPS packages work well with this application).

once you get it going (you do not have to be a Linux genius but its not quite plug and play) it allows you to schedule playout properly from a web based front end (which you could access from anywhere) (but will mean your DJ's have to be spot on with their timing or there will be dead air/the end of their show clipped)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Or you could perhaps go for an Icecast server instead with an AutoDJ feature which uses separate mountpoints for the live and AutoDJ streams. Icecast servers can automatically moves listeners between the live and AutoDJ streams. When a DJ connects to the servers "/live" mountpoint this will override the "/autodj" mountpoint without this having to be manually disabled by anybody. The AutoDJ stream will then automatically kick back in once the live DJ has disconnected their stream.

Although for this you are going to need to give them the server details. However, with our servers control panel you have an administrator passwordand a source password. The administrator password is for logging into the control panel and admin areas of your server. The source password is for your DJ's to use purely to broadcast to the server (along with the hostname / port). You can change the source / administrator passwords from the 'Configure Server > Stream' area of your control panel. If you make your source password different from your administrator password and give the source password to your DJ's, you can then change your source password to block out your DJ's if need be at a later date.