Banning Multiple IP Addresses

coxradio

Hi There,

Just sorting out licensing from PRS and PPL. It seems I am only licensed to broadcast to 39 countries. I therefore gather I should ban other countries from listening to comply with the licensing. The way I can see of doing this is using IP addresses. However I've just used a website to find the IP addresses of all the countries I need to ban and there are hundreds!

So two questions:

1) Am I doing the right thing in banning IP addresses?

2) If so ss there a quicker way to ban these IPs than manually entering each on into the Shoutcast Admin?

Thanks
Tom

Xast

I'm not to sure although there is NO WAY you could type them in manually. There would be around 50 thousand or more.

---

you could make it so they tick a box agreeing to agree to the terms and conditions. Then in the terms and conditions it's states that your from a country (that is with the liscence)

coxradio

Thanks for the advice Xast.

I did think about doing this on the site but my problem seems to be caused by my iPhone app in the way it attracts listeners world-wide.

Is there a way to do the opposite just except IPs from countries licensed?

Thanks
Tom

Xast

Well I think Apple has a different App store for every country so you could just ask them to have the app displayed in only selected countries.