Demo "Tape"

funktheory

Hi, what software do people use to record demos to send to stations. I have a spanking new mic, lots of software inc serato pro but not sure what to do next ? :) what software do you guys use

SDR Talent Scout

Hey Funktheory, almost all Dj software records, so do a short demo, so intro some chat and music then a couple of shout outs outros etc , should all be recorded/ saved by your software, Mixx, radioboss, Sam broadcaster and virtual Dj all have that setting, then export as MP3s and send out to prospective stations or reply to ads on here.( volunteer section) send us some details of your show type, might even have a slot for you If you can do live.

Last edited:

AndyC

It's perfectly possible to make a demo using just Audacity, which is totally free yet very powerful software if used correctly.
never send your demo a s an MP3 unless a station has specifically asked for it that way. In general MP3 files are not broadcast quality and your knowledge of that fact and not using it might make the difference between you succeeding or failing at getting a try out with a station.

For the same quality reasons you should always try to avoid using MP3 files in your shows and certainly don't buy any music as a digital download in MP3 format. It's always best to have physical CDs and rip straight from them into whatever software you are using.

IanD

Hi, what software do people use to record demos to send to stations. I have a spanking new mic, lots of software inc serato pro but not sure what to do next ? :) what software do you guys use
I agree with SDR Talent Scout. Pretty much every DJ program will have a record facility and an MP3 is perfectly acceptable for a demo, particularly if you can export it at 320kbps.

rontvradio

HELLO,,,,,,,,,,,BE A SILENT guest OR a VERBAL guest....OR just watch/listen to .....the FRANKIE V. conspiracy AND non conspiracy radio/tv show.

EMAIL us your REQUEST for our SHOW info. ALSO email us the DAYS OF THE WEEK and WEEKEND that you can LISTEN to our showS
(LIVE) and we will do SPECIAL shows for YOUR schedule. AND we will notify YOU by EMAIL as to the DAYS AND TIMES that you get our
SPECIAL BROADCAST for you.