Do you have slots left on your station?

NaturesWay

Hi All

Myself and my possible co host are looking to host a no holds barred relationship/dating advise talk show. It will be very straight talking, blunt and at times quite close to the knuckle with humour added. I am away that most stations prefer an element of music and I am happy to team up with a DJ to tick both boxes. We do not have a lot of recent experience but are hard working and reliable people looking to learn the ropes and get a shot.
Would be happy to pay subs for a station with an actual studio that we could do the show in. Ideally in the London area.

any help is appreciated.

Regards

Naytch

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would be happy to pay subs for a station with an actual studio that we could do the show in. Ideally in the London area.

any help is appreciated.

Regards

Naytch

It looks like there are about 3 licensed community stations in the London area where (at least taking a quick glance at them) your content could well fit in (unless they are already broadcasting a similar show). These stations are very often short of volunteers who will put in the effort to keep them running as a lot of people with such skills also have paid day jobs / families etc so can't be in the office during daytime but it is part of their license conditions they have professional grade studios; they tend to use both Band II transmission and online streams to extend the range of the signal (for out of area listeners).

If your show is willing to discuss matters that affect minority groups/cross cultural relationships/LGBT communities you are even more likely to get support as giving these groups a voice is also part of the key commitments.

I help out my local one in Ipswich with tech stuff now and again and have heard discussion shows like this on there over the years; the only rule is that strong language and controversial subjects are discussed after 20:00 so very young kids would not normally hear them (it is OK for teenagers to listen in).

Look on the Community Media association links of even Ofcom licensing for the bit of London you wish to volunteer in and I'm sure you'll find one....

Kiley Harvey

www.BeatRat-Radio.com

How's it going - we at BeatRate would welcome your show with open arms - we deem ourselves different then other stations - we have a Worldwide listening base and a show of your type would be fantastic look - interested 0203 601 7067 - Killey Harvey