Edcast 3.1.21 and ED Cast 3.37.2011.1214

have installed each of the edcast versions above. In each instance i installed two encodes, both aac+ and one pushed to the local host and the second pushed the encode out to a server IP/port with password and mountpoint.

The local encode connects no problem and starts encoding with a transfer rate which is set to 64k. However when the 64k/aac+ for the second encode starts, it lists as being connected, audio levels stop and in essence it appears as if the Edcast pogram has crashed. after a timeout, it goes back to normal, with volume levels on the VU meter and the encode will do the normal countdown and again try to connect with the same results. Meanwhile the encode to the local host works just fine, and a second separate encoder pushes the encoded stream from the local host to a different server.

I have loaded the same set of encoders on a win xp box, with no issues connecting, so I know the password and mountpoint is valid. I have made sure that the windows firewall is off, there are no security issues as this is a direct internet connection not going through a firewall or router.

Help! any ideas welcomed.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Richard,

It is difficult for us to fault find this remotely. Its possible that running two instances of the same encoder could be conflicting but we do not think that is the issue here.

We would think its likely a mistake has been made somewhere along the line. It may be worth you trying this out with the BUTT encoder instead to see how you get on. butt (broadcast using this tool)