Fake/Odd listeners

ENERGY106

Hi,

Have noticed over the past few weeks many odd listeners filling our server. At the moment these seem to all say they are from Germany, all log on with in seconds of each other from differnet IP addresses . Any ideas? This is filling our listeners slots.

de.png
Germany 77.22.196.6 Winamp 5.50
ua-player.png
Player 5 secs
de.png
Germany 217.86.43.179 Winamp 5.50
ua-player.png
Player 4 secs
de.png
Germany 188.104.171.31 Winamp 5.50
ua-player.png
Player 3 sec

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Very Strange. The IP's seem to be normal DSL users in Germany rather than ISP's. You can of course ban these IP's from the "Server Administration" / "Admin Login" area of your control panel if you wish. If they only connect for a few seconds at a time though you might not need worry.

D

DiscoDave

We've had this too - am sure there are other comments saying the same in this forum too - they keep filling up all the listeners lots... Strange indeed.. Made more obvious though by the fact that they all logon in groups of 3, 4 or 5 all with the same version of Winamp but seemingly from different IP addresses. Seems to come and go though as we've not had this for a while.

Bogget

Yes i get it too, they seem to log in as you say in groups, but not always Germany, it gives me a spike and then they are gone, i get it to on my other providers so its not just here, almost like its some sort of automated thing??? i wonder if its some of the radio systems we are reg with like Reciver and Roku checking if we are still alive etc......?

Bogget

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Quite possible yes although we wouldn't expect them to use home DSL account for this.

its some sort of automated thing??? i wonder if its some of the radio systems we are reg with like Reciver and Roku checking if we are still alive etc......?

Bogget

Bogget

Maybe but a lot of the people who do thid for them do work from home i know a guy called Alan who does it for Roku and he does it from home in the south of England.

Bogget