Few questions

ADR

I'm helping a friend who's just taken over running a website/radio, currently they have a 128k, 50 user shoutcast server. I was looking at how we could make things easier for DJ's to connect, there are quite a few of them and each have 1-2 hour slots during the week, and there have been problems with the autoDJ in the past, i read that Icecast servers may be more suitable.

If no one is tuned in, and the autodj is just streaming to the server, will that be using bandwidth or is it only server-client traffic that's counted?

What is the control panel like? Is it web based? It looks much better than what i've been using, from the pics i've seen anyway!

Can the bitrate settings be changed on the fly?

Does icecast work the same way as shoutcast but with the ability of automatic autoDJ switching?

That's all i can think of asking right now :D

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Thanks for your enquiry.

If no one is tuned in, and the autodj is just streaming to the server, will that be using bandwidth or is it only server-client traffic that's counted?

Yep. Basically if the Auto DJ is streaming and nobody is listening you will not use any bandwidth.

What is the control panel like? Is it web based? It looks much better than what i've been using, from the pics i've seen anyway!

Yep. We also offer a 7 day money back offer so if you wanted to just sign up and have a play we are happy to refund your money within 7 days if you are not happy for whatever reason. More control panel info here : Radio Server Features

Can the bitrate settings be changed on the fly?

We have a max bitrate setup so as long as your max bitrate is equal or lower then you can choose your bitrate. We recommend with the Auto DJ you keep all the MP3's you upload the same bitrate as what you normally stream at. The reason is that some players cant handle bitrates chaning mid stream.

Does icecast work the same way as shoutcast but with the ability of automatic autoDJ switching?

Yeah, mostly. Icecast servers obviously wont be listed on shoutcast.com Heres some more info from the FAQ's http://forum.internet-radio.org.uk/faq/179-shoutcast-icecast-server.html

Let us know if you have any further questions :)