Geo locking

Kevin Allum

My radio is a wedding related service designed to promote local wedding providers in the UK alone. I do not want to create problems with licensing and filling my bandwidth by broadcasting all over the world which would defeat the object of what I am trying to achieve.
Is there a way I can restrict my listeners to the UK only?
Thank You in advance :)

sojic

In general, "Yes, it is possible to restrict", but.... you need your own streaming server, or you have to contact the streaming provider (ex. internet-radio.com).

The solution is "firewall". Restrict all, except few ip classes of UK.

If you have your own streaming server, please contact me, otherwise, internet-radio.com support should answer.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
My radio is a wedding related service designed to promote local wedding providers in the UK alone. I do not want to create problems with licensing and filling my bandwidth by broadcasting all over the world which would defeat the object of what I am trying to achieve.
Is there a way I can restrict my listeners to the UK only?
Thank You in advance :)

Hi Kevin,

Sure, thats no problem. We have geo-locked this to the UK only for you. We also recommend that you mark your stream as private too. You can do this in your control panel / live stream encoder software settings. :)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member

Kevin Allum

Thanks

Thank you for your answer support and for geo locking my account. What does setting it private actually mean, I mean what does it do? Also I cant for the life of me find where to do it.
Kevin

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Thank you for your answer support and for geo locking my account. What does setting it private actually mean, I mean what does it do? Also I cant for the life of me find where to do it.
Kevin

No problem. :)

Ah yes, you have an Icecast server don't you. You wont be able to set this to private in your control panel settings with Icecast unfortunately. Sorry we should have checked that really. Its possible to do this however in the Shoutcast control panel settings.

With this you can basically block your station from appearing in listings by setting the server to private. You can also do this from within most live stream encoder software (Internet Radio Encoder Software). But we presume your station mainly uses the AutoDJ feature, so this wouldn't really be of any use to you.