help needed please

djherbsman

Hi all. Im new to this internet radio, but have managed to get my station up and running without any problems. But one thing is bothering me. On Shoutcast Administrator it says "Server is currently up and private", should this say public?? And if so how do i make it so?? Thanks, Andy.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Andy. Yes if you would like it to be public and therefore listed on shoutcast.com then you should make it public. This is set from within your encoder that you use to stream your radio. Usually the same area as the Meta-Data (title / genre etc...).

djherbsman

Hi, and thanks for your reply. Well ive looked and looked and im affraid i cant find any where that i can change the server status to public?? Im really stuck on this, any clues anyone?? Thanks, Andy.

djherbsman

hi again and thanks for your reply. I'm lost now as i dont know what the encoder software is?? Sorry for being stupid, but this is still all new to me! Cheers, Andy.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Its the software you use to connect your music to the radio. The software on your pc for radio streaming. The settings for public / private are in there.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Apologies. We have just figured out you are using the Auto DJ which means the encoder in on the server. You needed to restart the server for your public setting to take effect. We have done this for you by using the restart server button and your server is now public :)