Help please with scheduling? Thank you

Kissy1921

Good evening lovely people. Okay, just got hooked up with your server and icecast along with auto DJ etc etc.

My question is this and relates to scheduling. We have maybe 6 -7 1 hour or 2 hour shows that I have decided to schedule into a playlist by 'days' ....... firstly, is that doable? My question comes from a test I did today, whereby I added 2 x 2 hour shows to a scheduled playlist, and set up time and all the correct procedures (yeah, experienced station operator here lol ).

The schedule began to play, albeit, 3 mins late ......... thats my first gripe. Is there any way we can get things to actually start on time and not wait until the auto DJ has finished playing the current tune?

My second gripe is that, the first show played out over and over again, without moving on to the second show that was listed in the playlist. And yes, the second show was the correct bitrate etc etc so I know it wasnt that :)

Yes, all the correct boxes were checked............... um, help? Am I doing something wrong? Or would it be better that I set up a different playlist for each show......... and there will be 7 - 8 a day, some 60 mins, some 120 mins, some 180 mins :)

Thank you....... anybody? lol

Dawn Nicholls
Firebrand Rock Radio

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Dawn,

Yes, you can schedule by days with playlists and you can also set the "Repeat schedule" to weekly amongst other options.

As long as the "Type" is set to "Scheduled" with a specific day / time, then the playlist will kick in around that time. However, it will only start once the prior playing audio file has finished. Tracks on the Auto DJ playlists are never interrupted mid-track. So if a longer track was playing just before another playlist was due to start, the system would wait for that track to finish, hence the playlist not starting at the scheduled time and 3 minutes later. If for example the track playing is an hour in length, it will run for the full hour before a scheduled playlist kicks in.

You will basically you will need to build and calculate your playlists around this, bearing in mind tracks will not ever be interrupted mid-track. Setting up different playlists for each show may work out better for you.

Which show / playlist was it that played out over and over again? We shall have a look at that playlist for you.

In your control panel under the "Quick Links" section is a PDF guide which has a section of setting up scheduling the AutoDJ playlists. This may be of some assistance to you.

We hope this helps. :)

Kissy1921

Thanks for replying.

The problem occurred yesterday, I had a scheduled folder 'Monday' with 2 x 2 hour shows in it to start at 7pm last evening. Um, it started at 5:17pm, and played only the first show 'Blues Corner'.. it played it at 5:17pm, again at 7:17pm. and again at 9.17pm....... the same show, and didn't move onto the second show at all. urk ????

I had it set to play in sequential order, the bit rates were correct, but it went on doing its own thing.

Totally mystified :(

Dawn

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
No problem.

It looks as though you have since moved some of your files into different playlist folders ("Blues Corner" is now in the "Promo & Adverts" folder) and you have also changed your Monday schedules settings (its now set to 11:35pm). So its now a little hard for us to detect what went wrong with it. Did you try and use the skip song option in your server controls at all to see if it loaded then?

We also noticed that the file "Firebrand and After Dark Magazines" is at 192kbps. You will need to re-encode this at 128kbps.

Kissy1921

Yes I did change the schedule folder last evening to test it again, thanks for the advice re Firebrand magazine advert............ am running schedules again today, will see how it runs, and thanks

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
No problem, we understand. We have now closed the account for you.

All the best! :)